RECS Magazine - Purchasing low-carbon electricity
From a consumer’s point of view, when given the choice between fossil-fuel-based or renewable electricity the smart choice is the renewable option. Why? Because renewable electricity does not cause carbon emissions and fossil-fuel-based electricity does. No informed consumer wants to be responsible for carbon emissions, but is it that simple? Can I, as a consumer, influence the type of electricity other consumers purchase? How can I even be sure that the electricity I have purchased is low-carbon?
This is the introduction to the cover story, just one of the many articles in the first edition RECS Magazine.
· Interview with Markus Schmid of WISE
· RECS Market Meeting news
· News items
· Broker's column, Max van Meer
Click on the photo below to view the first edition of the RECS magazine:
- Programme Expert meeting Reykjavik, Iceland
- Programme seminar GO trading in France
- Programme Seminar 15 June 2012
- A Comparison of support schemes and quota systems, Sweden-Italy-UK
- Open letter to Oettinger regarding support schemes and cost-effective market-based systems
- Summary of the RE-DISS II Project Proposal
- RECS Magazine - Purchasing low-carbon electricity
- The successes of the voluntary market creates new power